Date(s) - 06/27/19
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Coffee Shop
Bookings are closed for this event.
Pre-Initiation classes aim to instill a basic foundational understanding of what the Society is, what we believe, and what we do. These classes are prerequisites for Initiation, providing a framework/rubric from which Zelators can successfully integrate into the mystic circle.
- The candidate must pass a satisfactory examination (oral or written) of the material to be considered ready for Initiation.
- Blocks may be combined as necessary.
- 4 – 6 hours total.
Block I – Introduction and History
Introduce candidates to the real and legendary histories of Rosicrucianism in general, and the Society in particular
- Values and Aims of the Society
- Legendary History (the Manifestos)
- Ancient History (Tubingen Circle)
- Contemporary History (SRICF)
- Further Reading (Books, web lists, etc.)
Block II – Structure and Organizations
Provide an overview for candidates, and establish a working knowledge of how the Society works locally, nationally, and internationally.
- International (SRIS, SRIA, SRIL and other sister societies)
- National (High Council)
- Expectations and responsibilities of Fraters and Officers
- Three Orders
Block III – Commitment
Help candidates understand the real commitments, share expectations of them, and demonstrate tools and resources for success.
- Ancient vs Present Day
- Responsibilities of each Frater
- Values and Principles of the Society
- Attire, Procedures, Ceremonies
Block IV – Preparing for Initiation
Initiation is on the horizon. This final block covers the final details for initiation.
- Dress and Customs
- Papers, Education and Learning
- Vows and Spiritual Living
- Latin Motto
- Accessing learning and communications